Friday, February 15, 2008

Snitchin isn't just a hobby

I figured I'd touch on the since the whole Clemens Congress thing has really taken on a life of its own. Real talk, when did Snitching pass baseball and football as America's favorite national past-time?!?!

Allow me to preface the following by saying I don't condone the acts that have these people caught up or in prison. So for me, snitching really hit that primetime, big-time, showtime, Hollywood status with the whole Mike Vick thing. Don't get it twisted, I don't think it's right what they did to the dogs but really? This guy has been setting you guys up, with a house, money, he basically gave you guys money in order for you guys to make money, and you guys repay him with an 18 month sentence? Wow, great way to pay him back.

However, on the other hand, I have to give props to Clemens. Regardless of whether he did it or not, this cat is COLD in the courtroom. I saw some footage and he is steadfast in that courtroom, he stood in the pocket like Bradshaw, he didn't back down at all to those clowns. If you're going to lie, at least believe your own lie and stick to it. Mark McGwire definitely should've taken some notes. Hey Mark, if you lie, we might believe, if you tell the truth, we will believe you, if you say "let's not focus on the past," yeah, that means you're guilty.

Food for thought: If Lil' Kim can do time for not snitching, why can't you?


Also, if you guys get a chance, definitely check out Shepard Smith from The Fox Report with Shepard Smith. This guy is a newscaster for Fox, he knows his stuff, he calls it like it is, no bull, and he's pretty hilarious. Imagine Jim Rome doing national news. During the Clemens coverage there was some guy in the courtroom lobby that was just in the way of all the cameras and cameramen. Shep said something to the effect of, "who is this guy making big-time deals and getting in the way of our shot?" And the other guy said, "I have no idea, I'd break his legs if I could Shep."

Yeah...I guess you had to see it.

No comments: